CoViD-19 PandemicExams and CoViD-19
Examinations will be resumed from April 20.
Oral examinations - especially disputations
Oral examinations and disputations can be conducted online. It is agreed with the examiner(s) which tool will be used for the examination.
Disputations of final theses can be conducted completely online, for real oral final examinations (Molecular Biotechnology) the examinee must be in the same room as an examiner..
Written examinations can be held by Corona from May 4, in compliance with the hygiene regulations. Important point is the distance rule - at least 1.5 m and good ventilation.
The organizers are in the process of reserving sufficiently large rooms. Catch-up exams from the winter will be organized and the registered examinees will be contacted.
Examinations with a small number of participants can also be changed to oral examinations.
Can internships that accompany studies be taken up or continued?
Internships and courses are still subject to approval by the Rectorate, but can then take place in compliance with hygiene regulations.(7.7.2020)
In view of the generally applicable safety and prevention measures, study-related (compulsory) internships are suspended and will be made up for at a later date. The implementation of study-related (compulsory) internships (for example, industrial internships) that do not take place at the university is at the discretion of the internship employer.
Experimental theses - Bachelor and Master theses
- Final theses and research internships in the Master's program will take place again, they are subject to notification to the Rectorate.
- Ongoing theses are stopped until further notice, registration of new theses is not possible at the moment.
- Exceptions are bioinformatics theses or theses that can be supervised and completed online.
- With the start of the research operation, the continuation of the work is also expected soon. Time predictions cannot be made.
- It is possible to do theoretical work in the case of the bachelor's degree programs.
Furthermore, no new work can be started, ongoing work is attributed to research operation. They can be resumed in compliance with the regulations for research operation. It must be clarified with the respective working group whether this is possible and whether the room capacity allows it.
...is the respectively applicable CoronaVO of the state of Baden Württemberg.