The subject Biology in the Master's program is subject to application.
The application must be submitted to Heidelberg University via an application portal.
Application portal for the summer semesterApplication portal for the winter semester
The application process will start on April 1 /October 1 , the application deadline will be May 15 / November 15.
At the time of application, the bachelor's degree program does not yet have to have been completed. In this case, applicants must list their remaining achievements in the bachelor's degree program by means of a self-disclosure (confirmed by the respective examination office in the case of external applicants).
Below you will find:
- Information on the documents to be submitted
- Information about the Master Of Education General
- Applicants from outside Heidelberg University are asked to provide information about the acquired competencies in the following to estimate the fulfillment of the minimum requirements . Please have the competence grid confirmed by your study program (study secretariat, examination secretariat or study coordinator).
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF ADMISSION - PROFILE LINE TEACHING PROFESSION GYMNASIUM
In addition to the general requirements of the Admission and Matriculation Regulations of Heidelberg University, the following are general prerequisites for admission to the university subprograms in the Master of Education (M.Ed.) profile line “Lehramt Gymnasium”.
- proof of completion of the
bachelor's degreein two subjects relevant to the teaching profession (50% bachelor's degree each)
- Proof that the studies in the teaching-related bachelor's degree program include, in addition to the two subject areas, study components of the respective subject didactics, educational sciences, and practical school studies
- Fulfill subject-specific admission requirements as outlined in the admission bylaws.
SPECIAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS - PROFILE LINE TEACHING PROFESSION GYMNASIUM - BIOLOGY
The Master's program builds on the content of the Bachelor's program. In our Bachelor's program, 74 credit points of subject content and 20 credit points in the teaching profession option could be acquired.
The minimum requirements for admission to the partial study program Biology, profile line teaching profession at grammar schools, are to be fulfilled:
- At least 8 credits in educational sciences
- A minimum of 52 credits in the field of biology, with the following in-depth knowledge and skills:
- Organism groups: prokaryotes, eukaryotes; fungi, animals, plants.
- Molecular Biology
- Cellular Biology
- Animal and plant physiology and metabolism
- Developmental biology of animals and plants
- Behavioral Biology
- Practical knowledge of morphology, anatomy and systematics of animals and plants.
- Practical working methods in the developmental biology of animal and plant organisms.
- Basic working techniques and experimental approaches in experimental physiology
- Methods and techniques of biochemistry, molecular biology and microbiology as well as an introduction to scientific experimentation and laboratory practice.
Applicants from outside Heidelberg University are asked to provide information about the acquired competencies in the following form to estimate the fulfillment of the minimum requirements . Please have the competence grid confirmed by your study program (study secretariat, examination secretariat or study coordinator).