Doctoral StudiesInformation for supervisors
Current Doctoral Degree Regulations
Good Scienific Practice (GSP)
Official Statement by the Doctoral Degree Committee of the Faculty of Biosciences concerning plagiarism:
Cumulative dissertations are not allowed. Therefore the thesis (dissertation) must be written mandatorily in the first person form ("I present...", "I demonstrate...", "I found...", "my findings..."); see the Official Statement Concerning Plagiarism, §5.
List of supervisors/examiners
New sortable Excel Spreadsheet listing Supervisors/Examiners for Biology and Pharmacy: List of Examiners
Grading information for Thesis / Dissertation Evaluations and Defense Examination
In case you grade a thesis 1,0 ("very good") - additionally submit this form:
summafragebogen2018 (DOC)summafragebogen2018 (PDF, en)summafragebogen2018 (PDF)
Application requirements for Junior Research Group Leaders requesting the status of „Supervisor” for doctoral candidates at the Faculty of Biosciences:
- Please use the application form “Gutachterantrag”
- Submit proof that you have attained your current position using a competitive procedure. (On the application form, under point 1, there's a list of possible selections.)
- Provide the number of Ph.D. students, postdocs, and technical assistants in your group (point 2).
- Submit proof that you have your independent funding (point 3).
- Submit proof that you can publish independently (point 4, a list of your publications will suffice)
- You must be willing to take on teaching amounting to 2 SWS (Bachelor or Master) for the Faculty of Biosciences. Before sending in your application, contact Frau Dr. Andrea Wolk
- Provide your CV and, as mentioned above, a list of your publications.
- Submit all documents to the Ph.D. Office. The Doctoral Degree Committee will decide on your application in the next meeting.