PhD Registration / Antrag auf Annahme
Please register with the Faculty of Biosciences no later than 6 weeks after the start of your PhD work. Before you register with the Faculty of Biosciences, make sure you have met the requirements (see 'before you start').
COVID 19: The office is closed for the time being, please contact us via email.
You may wait to register until the crisis is over and the PhD office is open to the public again.
If you need to register urgently, you may submit all required documents by standard post, "Hauspost" or directly in the blue mailbox outside of building INF 234, where the PhD office is housed. Please inform the PhD office accordingly by email.
Note: All signatures on the application must be original.
Please submit the following documents to the PhD Office:
- Application Form for admission as a PhD candidate, including the original signatures from your first and your second supervisor.
Note: Use the List of Examiners to check the status of your supervisors (1GA = first supervisor, 2GA = second supervisor).
- Indication of the structured PhD program you will attend (you should be pre-approved) on the application form.
- Commitment to Safeguarding Good Scientific Practice (GSP) signed by you and your first supervisor and, if differing, your direct supervisor.
- Abstract of your PhD project (printed in German or in English, 1 page).
- University degrees: Two (2) normal copies of all of your university degrees (e.g. Bachelor of Science and Master of Science certificates / diploma and transcripts of records. / B.Sc. und M.Sc. Urkunden und Zeugnisse (mit Einzelleistungen), oder Staatsexamen) plus the original documents for verification. If your degrees have not been issued in English or German, official translations are required. By showing the originals and handing-over the normal copies, the normal copies can be certified in the PhD Office, while you keep the originals. Please bring the two normal copies already along.
or alternatively: Two (2) officially certified copies of your university degrees (e.g. Bachelor of Science and Master of Science certificates / diploma and transcripts of records. / B.Sc. und M.Sc. Urkunden und Zeugnisse (mit Einzelleistungen), oder Staatsexamen). These certified copies will be kept in the PhD office. If your degrees have not been issued in English or German, official translations are required.
PhD students holding an university degree from abroad should add:
- CV including information concerning your Master/Diploma-thesis (duration, title, number of pages)
- Proof of German or English language skills (not necessary for native-speakers): Check the
If you hold a German "Diplom-FH"-degree you should add:
- a Ranking issued by the registrar's office ("Prüfungsamt") of the Fachhochschule you attended
Once you have been accepted as doctoral candidate / PhD student by the Faculty of Biosciences, you will receive a confirmation letter in German. Our international PhD students may find the English translation of this letter here.
Note and check:
Only complete application documents for admission as a PhD candidate will be considered.
PhD Registration is only possible during walk-in opening hours.
Address of the PhD Office, walk-in opening hours and closure times: click here.