Please register with the Faculty of Biosciences no later than 6 weeks after the start of your PhD work. Before you register with the Faculty of Biosciences, make sure you have met the requirements (see 'before you start').
Please submit the following documents to the PhD Office:
- Application Form for admission as a PhD candidate, including the signatures from your first and your second supervisor.
(Note: use the List of Examiners to check the status of your supervisors (1GA = first, 2GA = second))
- Printed abstract of your PhD project (in German or in English, 1 page)
- Indication of the structured PhD program you will attend (you should be pre-approved)
- TWO SETS of officially certified copies of all of your university degrees (e.g. B.Sc. and M.Sc.certificates and transcripts / z.B. B.Sc. und M.Sc. Urkunden und Zeugnisse). If your degrees have not been issued in English or German, official translations are required.
TWO SETS of normal copies of all of your university degrees (e.g. B.Sc. and M.Sc.certificates and transcripts / z.B. B.Sc. und M.Sc. Urkunden und Zeugnisse) plus the original documents for verification. If your degrees have not been issued in English or German, official translations are required. By showing the originals and handing-over the normal copies, the normal copies can be certified in the PhD Office, while you keep the originals. For this purpose, please bring the normal copies already along.
PhD students holding an university degree from abroad should add:
- CV including information concerning your Master/Diploma-thesis (duration, title, number of pages)
- Proof of German or English language skills (not necessary for native-speakers): Check the
If you hold a German "Diplom-FH"-degree you should add:
- a Ranking issued by the registrar's office ("Prüfungsamt") of the Fachhochschule you attended
Note and check: Only complete application documents for admission as a PhD candidate will be considered.
Once you have been accepted as doctoral candidate / phD student by the Faculty of Biosciences, you will receive a confirmation letter in German. Our international PhD students may find the English translation of this letter here.
Address of the PhD Office, walk-in opening hours and closure times: click here.